I have helped many people using Hypnotherapy and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) for trauma, fear and phobias. These clients overcome their trauma, fears, phobias and live their life to its full potential once again.
Trauma origins are buried in memorable experiences such as:
- Childhood abuse, neglect and a lack of basic safety.
- Critical events, crime, accidents, death, relationship conflict, moving or other significant change etc.,
They become hidden after-effects that are just debilitating. So we use powerful techniques to help create powerful changes – transformational techniques that incorporate Counselling, Cognitive behavioural therapy, NLP and Hypnosis techniques. This approach is completely natural and has huge health benefits.
Traumatic events can have powerful mental and emotional consequences on:
- Safety: Traumatic events can alter your assumptions and beliefs about how safe the world really is.
- Trust: When a traumatic event is man-made, it can undermine the basic sense of trust you have in other people.
- Control: Traumatic events can shatter your ideas and ideals about how much control you really have over your life and choices.
- Esteem and value: Traumatic events can disrupt your sense of self-worth, self-esteem, and inherent value.
- Intimacy: Impaired trust following traumatic events can make intimacy with other people difficult.
Through trauma therapy I hope to achieve:
Sense of Self
- an awareness of what is important in one’s life
- an ability to stand up for one’s values, and back them up with action
- confidence in one’s durability in the process of living
- a calmer attitude toward feelings of pain
- an ability to respond to the moment without over-reacting or under-reacting
- a stance of curiosity rather than of judgmental criticism toward oneself and others
- an increased focus on the present rather than the past or future
- an ability to communicate meaningfully
- a sense of communion with others
- release from self-defeating behaviours
- a clearer view of one’s hopes
- a clearer view of opportunities